Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Gameboy Publishing


Well, I'm writing from my graduate school classroom. On my Nintendo DS. I'm not usually into handheld internet things, but my computer wasn't working, so I got this thing online. It's agonizingly slow. This is really just a test, and I can't picture doing it except as a novelty. But I'm amazed that what's basically a gameboy can go online. Web-ready toasters and soapdishes can't be far off.

Note: As originally published, this had weird line breaks and some stupid ad for MSN or something on the bottom, because I sent the post via e-mail. I cleaned it up a little. Web browsing on the DS is pretty crappy - it’s slow and seems to disconnect a lot - but it allowed me to get online for one entire day last week when my computer wasn’t working, so I think it was worth it.

No comments: