Friday, September 01, 2006

Ahem... er...

Well, here I am. I don’t really have anything to say.

However, I’ve periodically tried to keep a journal over the years, and it never seemed to work, but I’ve noticed that when something involves the computer or going online I am usually slightly more interested/motivated, so I’ll give this a shot.

The problem, you see, with the old journal-keeping attempts was that I never seemed to get any deeper than simply listing where I’d gone and what I’d eaten that day. Boring. Stupid. Of course, part of the problem is that I knew no one would ever be reading it except me. And I have no incentive to impress myself with fancy writing. So maybe writing under the watchful eyes of (imaginary) Internet readers will spur me to be slightly more interesting. If this post is any indication, the experiment is already a huge, depressing failure. Hooray! More later.

5 comments:

Jinna said...

Hey Alex, remember me? I agree with you about journals. I did keep one religiously when I was a teenager but I was much more interested in myself back then. I'm thinking of blogging too.

albtraum said...

My first comment!

Jinna! How's it going? Sorry to waste your time with such an empty blog... there should be more soon. Kim put up links to it earlier than I was expecting. Later!

Jinna said...

Um, empty blog? I come back a few days later and you've written a frickin novel on here! I'm off to read...

Fiwibabe said...

Hey Alex, some people reckon you should write for yourself and as if no one else was going to read it. I am possibly in the other camp - hopelessly wishing at least one of the millions of people online might read my blog and actually find it interesting.

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogs - love your posts!

albtraum said...

Hey Mel!

I know what you're saying, and you know what? I have been trying to write entirely for myself for the past 10 years or so... but the problem was, I don't think you can write well unless you respect your audience. And I more or less can't stand myself.

And thanks for stopping by, and you're sorely missed around here! Kim showed me your blog and your house looks NICE.

-Al