Wednesday, September 06, 2006

product placement

One of the funniest writers I’m aware of, Zack Parsons of Something Awful, is putting out a book based on some of his online articles. It’s a humorous look at strange prototype weapons and vehicles from World War II, so it’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea. In fact, the whole website Something Awful is usually juvenile, offensive and obscene. I read it every day. The prolific Mr. Parsons usually writes about subjects like zombies, Nazis, film noir, videogame nostalgia and cyberpunk sci-fi, most of which are quite dear to my heart. I’m having a hard time picturing Kim or anyone else who might be reading this being interested… but nevertheless I have laughed out loud so many times over the last five years or so reading Mr. Parsons’ superb work that I feel obligated, nay, compelled to plug his book, My Tank is Fight! My memory is a little hazy but I think one of the first of his updates that I read was an eloquent description of how he mistreated his Sims, walling them in and watching them soil themselves and starve to death. Good stuff.

No comments: